A few people in the world still know me as Hank. You can call me either.
My formative years were spent exploring every corner of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Although I did not explore much of the earth as a kid, that all changed upon enlisting in the US Air Force at eighteen. The four years I spent in the US military changed the course of my life. Since leaving for basic training all those years ago, I’ve lived in Europe twice and circumnavigated the entire globe.
Life’s explorations now commence from central Maryland where my wife and I do our best to raise our three sons to be productive, respectful humans.
I’m a curious, capable, and energetic person. As such, it has led me to explore the world and my interests. This site is my outlet for my creative side.
I like to take pictures, tell stories and most of all I get lost in drawing.
Here are a few other facts about me:
- I love to alpine ski.
- I have an unhealthy soft spot for watches.
- Manual transmission driver.
- I’ll stop for a European sports car.
- I’ve visited 28 countries and counting.
- I hold a BA in History with a concentration in West European History from The University of Pittsburgh.
- If I had one book to take on a desert island it would be The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway.
- If I had one album to take with me on that island it would be U2 The Best of 1980-1990.
- I’m a sucker for a nice coffee mug with tasty coffee in it.